Saturday, August 6, 2016

The Coming November Election



The Coming November Election

I assume we are all paying attention to the Candidates running for President in our November election.  I can't help but wonder if we have ever had an opportunity to pick who would run our country.  It appears to me as if the Party leaders spend months filling our heads with crap and filling our emails with beg letters trying to get us to send them money.  How do we wade through all the lies misinformation, and disinformation and come up with the facts.  

First and foremost, the politicians given to us to chose from are financially supported by Mega Money Corporations.  Then of course there are the millionaires, billionaires, and the really wealthy groups that finance the efforts of the party's wannabe candidates.  

I can't help but wonder how I am suppose to glean the truth out of all the candidates self supporting rhetoric.  And then there is the finger pointing and shaming that has or has no factual content.  

Can we please take the money out of politics?  I do not want the richest or the friends of the richest running this country.  They, in no small way, represent my needs or my interests and I can not in truth relate to them as having my best interests at heart.  

Lets try this.  We should not give any politician 100% retirement after filling a post for a short period of time.  Give them the same as the rest of us. SOCIAL SECURITY!  And after leaving office let them qualify for Medicare just like the rest of us.  Serving our country in a Political Office is suppose to be a privilege not a Right to Wealth.

Fast walking, smooth talking, good old boys (and girls) are not what it takes to run this country. Dedicated men and women with a desire to do the right thing, at the right time, for the right reason could make a difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment